City of Oakland
contact the city  |    home
Forest Photograph
Business Visiting City Hall



Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

Q.  How can I get a vendor application?
A.  fax your request to purchasing (510) 238-7568 on your company letter head, include a W-9 Form

Q.  How can I find out which buyer to call for any certain commodity?
A.  Double click on, Selling to the City, Page No.8  and No. 9, has the listing of buyers and their commodities

Q.  How can I get on the bid list?
A.  Turn in your vendor application, check with the buyer periodically, to see if they have any bids out for quote

Q.  Who gets preferences?
A.  Certified local vendors and small/local vendors

Q.  How can I/my company get Certification?
A.  Contact Contract compliance at, (510) 238-7735 to get a application for local certification.

Accounting ITD Home Parking Personnel Revenue