City of Oakland
contact the city  |    home
Forest Photograph
Business Visiting City Hall

If you are not satisfied with the decision/results of your administrative review, you can request for an administrative hearing. You can schedule a hearing before an impartial Hearing Officer either in person or in writing within 21 days from the date of receiving your Administrative Review results.

A hearing can be requested in person or by mail to:

PCAC Hearing Dept.
250 Frank H. Ogawa Plaza, 6th floor, # 6300
Oakland, CA 94612

In order to have a hearing, you are required to pay a deposit which is equal to the amount of citation prior to scheduling a hearing. If you cannot afford the deposit, please Complete the Hearing Deposit Waiver Form or contact us at 1(800)500-6484 prior to the due date to request a hearing deposit fee waiver.

Hearing Location

The hearing is held at The Eastmont Mall Police Substation, 2651 73rd Ave – upper level, Oakland, CA 94605, Monday Friday, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m. A notice will be mailed to you in advance notifying you of the date and time of the hearing.

Reschedule Hearing

You have two options if you cannot attend the scheduled hearing.

1. You can request a hearing by mail and send us a letter detailing your dispute and     mail us all the required documentations or

2.  If the scheduled hearing date is not convenient and you would like to reschedule      it, you must notify the Hearing Dept. at least 5 calendar days before the      scheduled hearing. You can contact the Hearing Dept. at (510) 238-4484.

Walk-in Hearing

You can have a walk-in hearing if:

    1. Your vehicle has been towed or

    2. Your vehicle has been booted for non-payment of parking tickets.

At the hearing you may dispute any unpaid citations with the following exceptions:

•  Citations with a previous hearing denial

Appealing the Decision of Hearing Officer

If you're not satisfied on a decision rendered by a hearing officer, you can appeal it by instituting a civil action within 30 days of the decision along with the payment of a $25.00 filing fee to the Small Claims Court at the following address:

Superior Court
Small Claims Division
600 Washington Street, 3 rd Floor Suite 3010
Oakland, CA 94607


  Visit our FAQ page for answers to some of our most common Parking questions.
Accounting ITD Home Parking Personnel Revenue